My Super Bowl celebrations this year were very low key, so I decided to spice things up with a yummy guacamole recipe from one of my favorite foodie bloggers Jess over at Forgiving Martha! Jess stopped over to Camille Styles to provide the entire recipe in her The Perfect Bite series. This picture had me at hello…
I ate enough of the green stuff to last me a lifetime. And that was just the appetizer. I know the Giants were playing, but I definitely felt like a 250 lb linebacker after eating my fair share of guacamole.
Healthy Guacamole Tostadas
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, small diced
- 2 small zucchini, rinsed and peeled
- 3 limes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 round tortilla chips
- cilantro, for garnish
- Prepare zucchini by removing both ends and roughly chop. Add to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Halve the avocado and remove pit. Simply place the avocado in a bowl and mash it gently with a fork. Mix in the zucchini and remaining ingredients.
- Just before serving, scoop a generous tablespoon of guacamole onto each chip, and top with a cilantro leaf. Arrange on a platter and serve.
What yummy foods did you eat at your Super Bowl celebrations?